Sault Ste Marie Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Sault Ste. Marie, and provide you the opportunity to see how Soo residents live.
Most are members of the Sault Ste. Marie Bed & Breakfast Association, and all are
required to be licensed by the City. Here are some of their more important standards:
- Single room minimum size is 75 sq. ft., double room at least 100 sq.ft.
- Proper beds in each guest room and clothes closet or clothes butler in each room
- $1 million public liability insurance as a B&B
- Smoke detectors located in each guest bedroom and on each floor of the home
- Bedroom windows must allow an emergency exit for guest.
- Two kilogram ABC fire extinguishers appropriately located and visible on each floor
- Individual towels available for each guest, changed and washed regularly
Door locks or chains on individual rooms are not required.